Subject: Re: [Leica] M6 21 ASP OR HASSELBLAD 503cm with ?? (undecided)
From: Donald Ingram <Donald_Ingram@compuserve.com>
Date: Wed, 30 Sep 1998 19:12:40 -0400

Darrell,

I have just gone through a similar decision process.

I decided to use only use the M6 for what its best for i.e. the
35..50..75..90 range of lenses.

I have not owned  a SLR of any sort since 1985, as  for a long time I  fe=
lt
that the M series could do everything I needed.
I now think that the best is to have the right tool for the right job.

I tried a few 35mm SLRs and none of the took me in that special way the M=
6
appeals.

In the end I bought a new 'end of line' Hasselblad 501c for much  less th=
at
the price of any new Leica and standard lens ( or 21M).
My light weight travel outfit now consists of a M6 with 35 summilux ASPH
and the Hasselblad.

BUT If you are one of the LUG members who is concerned about red dots
attracting attention - carrying a hasselblad, even an all black one, =

attracts a staggering amount of unwanted attention. =

Over the last week I have visited the Isles of Harris & Lewis and Islay (=

for work - non photographic ) and was asked at least 5 times about the
Hasselblad. The question was not ' thats a large camera what is it ?' but=
 '
that's a Hasselblad  itsn't it '.
No one commented on the M6 under my jacket.

Does this help in any way with your decision?

Donald.

Message text written by INTERNET:leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Date: Tue, 29 Sep 1998 12:28:55 +0100

What would people suggest.

I have 2 M6's (35,50 & 90).  I need to decide between either getting a
21asp
or a Hasselblad.  Which would be of more use.  =

Many Thanks

Darrell<