Subject: [Leica] Re Leica shops in Sydney and Melbourne
From: Iain.Dawson@ea.gov.au (Iain Dawson)
Date: Thu, 1 Oct 1998 15:21:33 +1100

     Re Leica shops in Sydney

     In Sydney Mainline Photographics in the suburb of Crows Nest usually
     has a good range of quality secondhand Leica.  The owner John Vanthoff
     is very knowledgeable and in my experience very accurate in describing
     the condition of mail order equipment.

     ECS in Oxford Street, Paddington, also usually have a lot of gear. The
     owners, Phil Steckhoven and Bruce Searle, are very hospitable.  An
     added benefit of this store is that it is housed in a photography
     gallery (Byron Mapp Gallery).

     I have made purchases from both these shops with no complaints.

     Also both stores have a large range of other pro brands and
     collectibles.

     Australian (used) prices are high by US standards, but competitive
     with UK prices.

     Iain Dawson