Subject: [Leica] Shopping for Leicas in Kathmandu
From: Ian Stanley <ian@mos.com.np>
Date: Fri, 08 May 1998 12:30:13 +0500

Greetings all,

	I got to play with an R8 for the first time today.  Yes the R8 is
available in beautiful downtown Kathmandu for US$2,100.  My favourite shop
also had an R5 with a Micro - Elmarit - R 1:2.8/60 for around 2,000 for
both.  A new F5 now sells for 1,680 and a F90X for 689 - there is also a
wide selection of lenses available.

	The R8 and other new Leica stuff is coming in from Hong Kong so things
must be slow there.  I can't imagine that there are that many people here
looking for a new R8 either though!!

Ian Stanley

Kathmandu, Nepal