Subject: [Leica] Adams Moonrise with 2 churches
From: j.leonarddesigner@videotron.ca (Jacques Leonard designer)
Date: Thu, 01 Oct 1998 21:38:56 -0500

I was looking, an hour ago, at Ansel Adams "Moonrise over Hernandez" on the
October page of the A.Adams 1998 calendar.

Maybe my memory is not what it used to be but I think it is the first time
I notice a second church in the picture, behind Hernandez church.
I took my loupe and I think I recognized San Juan Pueblo Mission church?
Am I right or wrong?
Did someone else saw this?

It is not that important and a bit off from Leica (even though the main
reason of our Leicas is to take pictures...) Anyway, I could tell you I
took photos of Hernandez church (or what remains of it) in 1993, with one
of my Leicas. It is a pity to see what it looks like now. It was nicer in
the forties when A.A. took his famous picture.