Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: MR meter for M3
From: "Philip Kokoczka" <philip63@hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 02 Oct 1998 04:16:24 PDT

Like M.J.S., I have used the MR-4 meter with my M3 (since finally
getting one about a year ago) with much success. It is quick to use,
very accurate, and negates the need to keep a separate meter in my
pocket-makes room for another lens. (I don't understand how some LUGers
claim that a handheld is quicker to use, it takes me about half the time
to use the MR-4 than my handheld Sekonic). The battery in the meter is
about 10 years old (says the original owner) and seems to want to go on
forever. However, I did get one of those C.R.I.S. adapters and a silver
oxide battery just in case the PX625 poops out. I say if you find an
MR-4 in good condition-buy it and use it-you'll like it.