Subject: Re: [Leica] 35 w goggles on M6 (wasM6TTL desirable?)
From: dmm@bronze.lcs.mit.edu (Andrew M. Moore)
Date: Fri, 2 Oct 1998 08:39:09 -0400 (EDT)

> Ed is right on this. The 35mm goggle lens pulls up the 50mm framelines in
> an M3, M6 or M6HM, and then corrects the field of view to be correct for
> 35mm. On a regular M6 it gives a high eyepoint and on an M6HM it will be
> similar to an M3

I wear glasses and use a M6 with 35 almost exclusively.  I had a hard
time seeing the entire set of 35mm framelines.  It sounds like this
goggle lens might help.  How big is it; where does it sit on the M6;
are they still in production; what am I likely to have to pay for one?
I also hear about these "brightline viewfinders" from time to time,
but again, I've never seen one.  Is that another solution?  Where can
I find the information?

I'd also love to find something similar for the IIIf.  I currently use
an external viewfinder (covers 35 to 135) but it's a bit large and
the left/right image reversal is difficult to get used to.  I'd like
to find a beter 35mm and 50mm viewfinder for it.  Options?

Andrew