Subject: Re: [Leica] 35 w goggles on M6 (wasM6TTL desirable?)
From: Ken Wilcox <wilcox@tir.com>
Date: Fri, 2 Oct 1998 21:27:27 -0400

>I wear glasses and use a M6 with 35 almost exclusively.  I had a hard
>time seeing the entire set of 35mm framelines.  It sounds like this
>goggle lens might help.  How big is it; where does it sit on the M6;
>are they still in production; what am I likely to have to pay for one?
>I also hear about these "brightline viewfinders" from time to time,
>but again, I've never seen one.  Is that another solution?  Where can
>I find the information?

The 35mm lenses with "eyes" are long discontinued but available on the used
market usually denoted as "RF" or M3. The "eyes" are part of the lens and
move into position when the lens is bayonetted on. They are somewhat
heavier than those without "eyes". They were available at f3.5, 2.8, 2, and
1.4.

The Leica 35 BL finder, SBLOO is much small, brighter and has a bigger
image than any of the variable finders. I have one for use on my LTM
cameras and like it a lot. They are also out of production and nice ones
cost +$400 used.

For 50mm I found an old, prewar I think, folding Zeiss albada type finder
with life size image at a swap meet a couple of years ago.

Cheers!

kw

- ----
Ken Wilcox                             Carolyn's Personal Touch Portraits
LHSA, MEA, LAW                      preferred---> <wilcox@mail.tir.com>
                                                     <kwilcox@gfn.org>