Subject: [Leica] Help with sick R4
From: Lucian Chis <chis@ece.orst.edu>
Date: Fri, 2 Oct 1998 19:27:02 -0700 (PDT)

Hello LUG

My R4 is acting up so I need some service info.
First of all it is an "early" meaning under 1600000, so it is no wonder it
does act up.
Symptoms: Anything else except X, B and 100 takes about 15 seconds to
cycle the shutter. Meter diodes light up but don't seem to indicate any
change in diaphragm into a change in shutter speed.
Thirdly: I have a Metz with an SCA 351 adapter which is dedicated for R7.
Should this work with my camera in flash mode X OR 100?
Does anybody know of a shop called Golden Touch in Newark NJ, and if you
do, do you think they would tackle this camera? Any address?
I know sending this to Leica would mean tons of money given their
signature service status!

Thanks,

Lucian