Subject: AW: [Leica] RE: M4P framelines/faster flash synch on M-Leica
From: Bernhard Wingerter <Bernd_Wingerter@csi.com>
Date: Sat, 3 Oct 1998 22:15:31 +0200

Bruce and Raimo!
The M6 has X-sync. That means the flash is fired when the first curtain is
fully open. The Focal-Plane Mode would need a F-sync. that fires the flash
before the first curtain starts, and the flashlight needs to hold on till
the second curtain is closed. A sync. time 1/50 means that one curtain
needs about 1/50s to open or to close. That means in FP-mode the flash has
to hold its light at least 1/50s + the exposure time. (Normally a flash
takes less than 1/1000s). That's the reason why the power of the flash is
reduced.

Bernhard

Speed

Bernd_Wingerter@csi.com