Subject: Re: [Leica] 400 f/6.8
From: Edward Meyers <aghalide@panix.com>
Date: Sat, 3 Oct 1998 16:18:51 -0400 (EDT)

On Sat, 3 Oct 1998, Ken Wilcox wrote:

> I haven't noticed it, but I don't use it everyday either. Perhaps it is too
> slight to stad out. I shoot mostly black and white with it which may make
> it less noticeable when printed.
>
> kw
>
> >According to Leicafotografie (french edition, 2/1970, p.73), there is a
> >slight vignetting when you use a Viso 400 on a R body. Have you noticed
> >anything ?
> >Dominique Pellissier
> >

> ----
> Ken Wilcox                             Carolyn's Personal Touch Portraits
> LHSA, MEA, LAW                      preferred---> <wilcox@mail.tir.com>
>                                                      <kwilcox@gfn.org>

The vignetting might be just in the viewfinder as perhaps a larger
mirror would solve the viewing aspect of this. I don't think vignetting
takes place in the image, however. I could be wrong, but I see
no reason for vignetting on the film, but I do see a possibility
of it happening on the viewing screen. Ed