Subject: Re: [Leica] <Off topic> Durst enlarger question
From: Edward Meyers <aghalide@panix.com>
Date: Sun, 4 Oct 1998 15:39:48 -0400 (EDT)

On Sun, 4 Oct 1998, Harrison McClary wrote:

> I have a durst A 300 enlarger that I recently heard was supposed to be
> an autofocus enlarger I assume like the Leica focomats. I have no idea
> how to set this enlarger up to work in that manner.
>
> Do any of y'all have any experience with this enlarger or know where I
> could find out of date owners manuals for it.
>
> It prints wonderful photos both color and B&W, but I would like to know
> how to calibrate and use the AF feature.
>
> TIA.
> --
> Harrison McClary
> http://people.delphi.com/hmphoto
> new book at: http://www.volmania.com

The A300 is an excellent condenser enlarger for 35mm. To use
for color you must be placing filtration below the lens, as
there is no upstairs filter drawer.
My suggestion is to contact Durst in Bolzano, Italy (or is it
Bressanoni?) and request an English instruction manual.

If that doesn't work and someday I find the one I had, I could
photocopy it for you.

Just send me your snailmail address and tell me if all else
fails....Ed