Subject: Re: [Leica] Kodak IR film in M6
From: "Dan Post" <dwpost@email.msn.com>
Date: Sat, 3 Oct 1998 16:44:26 -0400

I have used IR film off and on for years; Took some really stunning
architecural shot about 20 years ago. I found that the amount of IF will
vary- with time of day, season, weather and about a dozen other factors!
It's a crap shoot!
Especially since the 87C cuts of all visible radiation below 700nm!
I used the B&W at ASA 50, bracketed like the dickens and used a compensating
developer like D-76 diluted 1:1 or Diafine. The film is grainy. Things
reflect IR differently so your old ideas about averaging a scene can go out
the window.
Trees and foliage reflect most IR, appear white in the photos ( why shaded
areas are cool!) .
If you gave up after only one roll, youneed to get a brick, and spend a
weekend discovering the IR world!
Good luck
Dan
dwpost@msn.com