Subject: [Leica] 2-cam lens & R7 [was: 400 f/6.8]
From: Doug Herr <71247.3542@compuserve.com>
Date: Sat, 3 Oct 1998 20:50:27 -0400

On  Fri, 02 Oct 1998, James Harrison wrote:

>Doug Herr wrote:
>>  =

>> Without the 3rd cam your R4s bodies will not meter accurately.  With m=
>> R4sP bodies the meter is off by 1-1/2 stops.  Don't mess with stopping=

the
>> lens down - change shutter speeds to set correct exposure, or use one =
of
>> the automatic modes. =

>I use a R7; just bought a 35mm 2cam Elmarit on Ebay;;does this apply to
the R7 >also?? =

>Thanks;jh

No, but get the 3rd cam installed anyway.  The 2nd cam may  actuate the
R7's meter cam follower to give you approximately correct exposures but
even if the exposure is accurate the forces applied to the follower are
different than those applied by the 3rd cam, and could eventually damage
the R7's follower.

Doug Herr
Sacramento