Subject: [Leica] Leaf Shutters
From: George Huczek <ghuczek@sk.sympatico.ca>
Date: Thu, 08 Oct 1998 14:52:04 -0600

Re: lamenting over the 1/50 sync speed for the new M6TTL.  Can anyone
update me on why leaf shutters are no longer made for the Leica.  I may be
mistaken, but I thought that about 51 years ago they did make a lens with a
Compur shutter.  Wouldn't that be sweet.  Set the lens at 1/500, and get
TTL synch fill flash using fast film outdoors.  Besides having to pay for
the extra cost of having lenses with built-in shutters, why isn't this
option available?