Subject: Re: [Leica] M 35mm RF for Leica M3
From: Ken Wilcox <wilcox@tir.com>
Date: Sun, 4 Oct 1998 18:38:31 -0400

The only disadvantage to the RF 35mm lenses is that they are not very
compact or light weight compare to my 35 Summicron.

Cheers!

kw

>What are the drawbacks (if any) of making a 35mm RF (bug-eye) M-series
>lens my second lens. I wear glasses and viewing the full 50mm frame on an
>M3 takes some extra effort.
>
>Most of my photography is street, travel, museum, family. For many years I
>have used a M3 with 50mm Summilux along with several SLRs. I've love
>operational ease of the M3 (best) and it is the camera that I choose most
>readily, but must rely on my SLRs for lens versatility. However, I've
>always wanted a 35mm lens for my M3, especially when traveling or
>exploring large cities (densely inhabited regions).
>
>In a few weeks I'll have a renewed need for the 35mm during some buisiness
>trips and travels. I have a quote I think I can live with for some 35mm RF
>options.
>
>The quotes are...
>
>35mm f2    RF Summicron, Mint  @  $750.
>35mm f2.8  RF Summaron,  Mint- @  $450.
>35mm f2.8  RF Summaron,  Exc+  @  $395.
>
>The Summicron seems out of reach but I think I can stretch (on short
>notice) for the Summaron.
>
>Experience, thoughts, opinions, options, ravings, concerns, encouragements
>are all welcome.
>
>Regards,
>
>Roger
>

>-----== Sent via Deja News, The Discussion Network ==-----
>http://www.dejanews.com/  Easy access to 50,000+ discussion forums

- ----
Ken Wilcox                             Carolyn's Personal Touch Portraits
LHSA, MEA, LAW                      preferred---> <wilcox@mail.tir.com>
                                                     <kwilcox@gfn.org>