Subject: Re: [Leica] M 35mm RF for Leica M3
From: "Joe Stephenson" <joeleica@email.msn.com>
Date: Sun, 4 Oct 1998 13:09:03 -0700

Roger,
I'm not sure what you mean by a "35mm RF (bug-eye) M-series lens," but I use
a 35mm Summaron on my M3 and use a 3.5cm viewfinder that attaches to the
camers's accessory shoe. It provides a very nice view, even when wearing
sunglases. The down side is having to focus throught the canera's
viewfinder, and then switch to the other viewfinder. However, this quickly
becomes automatic, and with a 35mm lens focus is usually not so critical.
One warning is to be sure any of the older 35mm lenses are clean on the
inside. Mine was quite cloudy and had to be sent out for cleaning. But for
the kin dof uses you describe it makes a very nice kit.
Joe Stephenson