Subject: [Leica] Leica-Minolta Auto-Flash Compatibility
From: Akhil Lal <alal01@utopia.poly.edu>
Date: Sun, 4 Oct 1998 20:06:21 -0400 (EDT)

Hello Everyone,
               I am curious about the Minolta X-700 series flash system
and its relationship to the R-5/R-7 system.
               More than one knowledgable dealer has told me that, despite
the different SCA numbers, the X-700, CLE & R-5 TTL flash signals are
similar enough, if not identical, that any CLE/X-700 compatible autoflash
will work well with the R-5/7 system in TTL mode. One dealer, in fact,
showed me a Metz 32 -series flash with a Leitz SCA module which he claimed
worked perfectly with the CLE (no - he was not out of stock on the Minolta
modules and had nothing to gain by misleading me).
               I know there are many dealers and technically knowledgable
list members out there. Would anyone care to comment ?
               Erwin, could you find out more from your sources at Leica ?
                                              Regards,
                                              Akhil