Subject: Re: [Leica] Power switch
From: nbwatson@juno.com (N. B. Watson)
Date: Mon, 05 Oct 1998 10:38:36 EDT

On Sun, 4 Oct 1998 23:12:09 -0700 (PDT) thomas boehm <toboehm@yahoo.com>
writes:

>there where  lots of interesting solutions about the problem "no power
>switch on m6 cameras & self-firing in the camera bag" posted here.

                       Interesting to note, after all the jury-rigging
we've done to circumvent this problem, I picked up a friend's Nikon FM2n
this morning, and with the wind lever pressed in to the body, the shutter
button/meter switch is securely locked; pop the winder out to the ready
position and it unlocks.  No electronics in that camera except the meter,
either and it's only bigger than the Leica in the lensmount/prism area.
I doubt if the mechanics of such a locking mechanism would be all that
difficult for Leica to have engineered.  Perhaps that will be part of the
M6TTLSL (for Shutter Lock) which they are secretly planning to introduce
at PMA and discontinue the M6TTL : )

Regards,
Nigel

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]