Subject: Re: [Leica] LTM Lenses
From: nbwatson@juno.com (N. B. Watson)
Date: Mon, 05 Oct 1998 10:38:37 EDT

Leica could have opted to have produced every M lens ever made as a
LTM+setscrew-retained adaptor (such as was the 21 f4).  Not the best way
to get people to buy M bodies, though.  Leica is, after all, a for-profit
enterprise, lest we forget their primary goal is not to satisfy the
sentiments of those of us who cherish the use of 50 year-old cameras with
separate view/rangefinders, knob wind and which require hand-trimming of
film leaders : )

Regards,
Nigel

On Sat, 03 Oct 1998 07:17:16 +0100 richard.setchim@uk.pwcglobal.com
writes:
>The arrival of so many LTM lenses in Japan
>(Avenar,Konica,Ricoh,Rokkor)
>makes me wonder why Leica does not market some of it lens range in
>LTM. My
>IIIg yearns for a modern Leitz lens!
>
>Regards.

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]