Subject: [Leica] Power switch
From: Alex Brattell <alex@zetetic.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 05 Oct 1998 18:23:20 +0100

I have come to see the lack of a power switch and release lock as a
discipline rather than an omission. The camera gets wound on as it comes out
of the bag (additional time to do this = 0.0 sec) already set to approximate
exposure and somewhere near infinity.

If the camera comes out of the bag and not used I was either too slow, or
sloppy in my intention and  visualisation. Of course it's not always that
simple, sometimes you feel that somethings about to happen in a particular
way that will make a photograph and then it doesn't.

Then I use up a frame anyway to release the shutter and remind me later,
when I look at the neg in the darkroom and scratch my head, to sharpen up
and stop daydreaming! With a massive 36 frames on a roll, the wastage isn't
relevant.

Alex