Subject: [Leica] Cuba and where's the Leica images
From: "BIRKEY, DUANE" <dbirkey@hcjb.org.ec>
Date: Mon, 5 Oct 1998 15:29:30 -0500

Hi Luggers,

Thanks for your kind responses.  I went to Cuba before I had Leica M
hence no Leica images .......  Having said that, Canon F-1's are still my
workhorse cameras.   I did use my M cameras to take some photographs of
world renown orthopaedic spine surgeon Dr. Robert Winter as he did
surgery in our hospital this morning.  I mainly use it for photographing
dignitaries during radio interviews and I'm using my M kit more and more
but it's not the best option for much of my work....   I'm trying to do a
series on old Quito primarily using M but have had a hard time keeping up
with my day to day work lately, so I haven't gotten very far on the
project.  Besides that, there are too many riots and too much tear gas as
of late downtown.

Duane Birkey

HCJB World Radio
Quito Ecuador