Subject: [Leica] friends I hope
From: jimbrick@photoaccess.com (Jim Brick)
Date: Mon, 05 Oct 1998 17:07:20 -0700

> PS... I truly wish Mr. Yasuhara all the luck in the world. I hope his
> product is a wild success. But I will not be a customer. And believe me, I
> know it's not a Petri rip-off... that was a joke. I didn't think anyone out
> there even knew what a Petri was. So lighten-up.

I am sorry that I did not understand you as I should. We were raised in quite
different
environments and have different viewpoints. Thank you for this opportunity
to find
out
the differences. Hope we understand each other now.

Tom Kumagai

Tom,

One of my very best friends is Japanese. George Nakamura. He and I were
room mates at Brooks Institute of Photography. He just retired from 20
years of teaching photography at Laney College in Oakland, CA. George was
born here but his parents are from Japan. We have always joked with each
other on differenced in our culture. We have a very special bond.

Here at Photo Access, one of my direct Colleagues is Japanese. Tomoko
Matsumoto. She is both a Windows programmer and a translator. She has
translated all of our presentations about our company, from English to
Japanese. This is why we are getting along so well with the Japanese
semiconductor and camera manufacturers. We give out presentations in
Japanese. Most other American companies use English. At her lead, we also
joke about cultural differences, as well as other things. We have a great
time.

I apologize to you if I offended you in any way. There was no intention in
that direction.

Friends I hope?

Jim
http://www.photoaccess.com