Subject: Re: [Leica] M6HM vs. M6TTL HM
From: Dominique PELLISSIER <pelliss@droit-eco.u-nancy.fr>
Date: Tue, 06 Oct 1998 07:57:48 +0200

>Eric Ertman wrote:
>>
>> Remember folks, I'm in Norway where an M6HM still costs at least 3000 USD !
>>
>> Eric
>
>How much of that is tax levied by Norway?
>
>Prices quoted in the US do not include tax and there is no VAT like many
>European countries.
>
>Dennis

In France the price of a M6 0.85 is : 18290 FRF (3048 USD). Without the tax
(20.6 %) :15165 FRF (2527 USD).
In the USA : 1695-2095 USD.
In fact european customers subsidize north american customers.
Why not buy my gear in USA ? Because, if I mail an order, my parcel will be
tax by the customs (12 %) and, of course, I ought to pay the VAT (20.6 %).
Moreover, there is an insurance and the transport cost (100 USD with UPS).

Dominique Pellissier