Subject: [Leica] Nikon spare parts
From: richard.setchim@uk.pwcglobal.com
Date: Tue, 06 Oct 1998 13:15:55 +0100

N.B.Watson wrote: << I'll have to stand by my original statement.  Nikon
*USA* state emphatically that parts are no longer available for F or F2.>>

I was told the same thing by the Nikon Service Centre in Shinjuku (Tokyo),
when trying to get an F2 adjusted. (This is the service HQ for Nikon). They
then went on to strip down the camera, find that no replacement part was
needed and made the adjustment needed without charge and while I waited!

By the way, the only reason I use an F2 is because of the GN-Nikkor a great
little lens whose aperture changes with the focus setting, so the flash
exposure is right for the subject you focus on - not whatever an
auto-sensor "thinks" the primary subject is.

Regards.