Subject: Re: [Leica] Power switch
From: Mark Bergman <mb50742@navix.net>
Date: Tue, 06 Oct 1998 07:23:37 -0500

I have an FE2 with same lever wind switch.  What an anoyannce.  You have to
use it to appreciate how stupid it is.  I also have a  F4S that I like very
much but defeating the lock mechanism to turn the switch on is a real pain in
the butt (next to impossible with gloves).  However you must turn it off
because it does go through 6 AA batteries in short order.

I don't own an M6 but have in the past used cameras that were on all the
time.  Since simple match diode meter ciruits take a very small amount of
power batteries usually last nigh forever.  So what's the problem?

And if it's really a problem buy any Leica before the M6.