Subject: Re: [Leica] Power switch
From: Carl Socolow <csocolow@microserve.net>
Date: Tue, 06 Oct 1998 18:30:45 -0400

While I agree to an extent with Jim Brick about making just one more
photo before putting an M camera away, or even switching the shutter
speed dial to "B", I still think some sort of shutter lock would be
desireable. I'm not in favor of the Nikon film-advance approach. What I
would rather see is something similar to what is on my old Canon F-1n.
This is a ring that sits around the shutter release almost like the cup
around that of the M3. To lock it you just rotate this ring; to unlock,
do the oppositte. It fits naturally under one's index finger. This way I
can keep the camera cocked and locked and ready to go without being
surprised that it is not cocked or having to change from a "B" setting.

Carl S.