Subject: RE: [Leica] Leica products over-priced ? I don't think so.
From: "B. D. Colen" <bdcolen@earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 7 Oct 1998 09:33:45 -0400

IMHO, Leica products are priced properly. I believe we get what
> we pay for.
> And the used market is alive and well and holding it's own. A sign of a
> healthy product. A respected product.
>
> Jim

Jim - Yes, the used market is alive and well - 1, because Leicas are
collectables, and 2, because the cameras do hold up and therefore used
equipment presents a reasonable alternative to the high price of new gear.

Yes, it's a respected product. And it shouldm be. Those who have pointed out
that our Ms will out-live most of us make a very good point.

Meanwhile, however, we come to the realities of economics and business in
the last days of the 20th century. Some one asked earlier if the new
chairman of Leitz is more interested in the stock price or product quality.
Forgive me, but what a silly question: If he were interested in anything but
the stock price he wouldn't be chairman. That's, unfortunately, the way the
world works today. At 20,000 cameras a year, we will all out live Leica,
even if our Leicas out live us.