Subject: Re: [Leica] MLU
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Wed, 07 Oct 1998 20:24:30 -0500

At 11:45 PM 10/7/98 +0000, you wrote:

>and like one Lugger said, the mirror is not that well damped.  I like
>the R8 but it is huge for what basically is a manual advance, automatic
>aperture camera.

Then you don't know the R8. You have to use one to appreciate it. No amount
of playing in a camera store will tell you anything about a camera, any
camera. The R8 is an advanced piece of hardware. Tough as nails, and
extremely accurate. Big, yes, but it's worth it to get that wonderful
viewfinder, smooth action, and feature set that only lacks (in some
people's opinions) AF. And a motor. But that's temporary. :-) Should be out
by the time the R10 arrives.

>I have had several Nikons with MLU and never used it for long term exposure
>stuff. Are Nikons ''better damped''?

No.
- --

Eric Welch
St. Joseph, MO
http://www.ponyexpress.net/~ewelch

Borger King. Have it our way. Your way is irrelevant.