Subject: Re: [Leica] M6TTL need accessory, was: Visoflex
From: nbwatson@juno.com (N. B. Watson)
Date: Thu, 08 Oct 1998 10:50:38 EDT

I've thought for years that the M bodies should have two shoes on the top
plate, like the If and Ig had.  A plain shoe (no hot contact) placed
directly above the viewfinder would allow mounting of the auxiliary
viewfinders and make them more convenient to use as well.

Regards,
Nigel

On Thu, 08 Oct 1998 10:59:29 +0200 Lucien <lucien@ubi.edu> writes:
>N. B. Watson wrote:
>
>>  Too bad there isn't a way
>> (yet) to couple a TTL flash to the M6TTL with a Viso attached.
>Actually,
>> I doubt my Viso II would even fit to the M6TTL because the finder
>sits
>> flush with the top plate on a normal M6.  THe Viso III would
>certainly
>> fit, though.
>

>I think that those who intend to use the M6TTL will need very soon
>a solution if they want to use a 21mm, 24mm or, with M6TTLHM,
>a 28mm, on it.
>I know that the SF 20 only cover the 24mm, but Metz flash cover more.
>
>Maybe a little extension cable, with an accessory shoe on the top
>of the attachement to the camera, will do it.
>Or viewfinders with TTL hot shoe on the top ?  ;-)
>The same cable (without shoe) will do it for the Visoflex III.
>(There is cable like that in the Contax program)
>
>Any future M camera will need a separate attachement for a TTL cable
>if it still need separate viewfinders for wide angle lenses.
>
>Lucien

or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]