Subject: Re: [Leica] Meter MR vs. MR4
From: Ken Wilcox <wilcox@tir.com>
Date: Thu, 8 Oct 1998 19:49:37 -0400

They are the same except for the location of the switch. The MR has the
switch on the left (from the back) end while the MR4 has the switch on the
top. The MR4 does not say MR4 on it. It is labeled MR.

The reason for the change from end to top switch was the development of the
M4 with its rewind crank. The crank and MR switch interfere. The MR4
arrangement is better for the M2 and M3 as well IMHO.

Cheers!

kw

>Hi, Can anyone tell me the difference between the MR
>meter and the MR4 meter? Will both work on the M4?
>
>Thanks in advance,
>
>- Ihtisham Kabir
>kabir@sun.com

- ----
Ken Wilcox                             Carolyn's Personal Touch Portraits
LHSA, MEA, LAW                      preferred---> <wilcox@mail.tir.com>
                                                     <kwilcox@gfn.org>