Subject: Re: Re(2): [Leica] Black Finishh
From: "Dan Post" <dwpost@email.msn.com>
Date: Fri, 9 Oct 1998 12:09:11 -0400

Francisco-
Pledge is a furniture polish sold here in the US. I now states on the can
that it contains no wax! ( My wife uses it on everything, including me if I
sit too long in one place!)
For camera finishes, particularly the leather and vulcanite covers, I mix
about 1 gram, or a spoonful of a paste wax( should be the type used for wood
finishes- not auto wax) in a small two ounce ( 50-60 ml) bottle with about
50ml of citrus oil. I use  this sparingly, applied minutely with a cotton
swab, and have had very good luck with it.
The hard wax is not 'oily' and doesn't pick up dust, and the citrus oil
allows it to penetrate the surface of leather cases, etc. On metal, it makes
a thin invisible coating that even beads rainwater.
Dan
dwpost@msn.com