Subject: [Leica] Auto-flash and f-stops
From: nbwatson@juno.com (N. B. Watson)
Date: Fri, 09 Oct 1998 12:54:49 EDT

There was some mention here in re: TTL flash vs auto flash, that the
latter had a disadvantage with respect to the number of f-stops available
for choosing.  I've run a couple films through my Leica now using a Nikon
SB26 set on auto (front sensor) and all f-stops from f1.4-f32 are
available on the LED screen.  With its GN of 120 the usability of the
stops is governed mainly by ISO and subject distance.  I've seen SB24's
(same functions basically) second-hand for USD$175 or so.  They are a bit
narrower than the Vivitar 283 and have power zoom from 24 (20 for the
SB25-26) to 85.  They also have a built-in +/- compensation function for
fill-in.

Regards,
Nigel

or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]