Subject: Re: Re: [Leica] Peak enlarger focuser-off topic
From: Disfromage@aol.com
Date: Sat, 10 Oct 1998 02:32:12 EDT

<<Richard,
I use the same focuser, and I do not use the blue filter.  It does make
focusing difficult because of the dimness.
   Two good references to read regarding why not to use the blue filter,
are Ctein (1997) "Post Exposure" by Focal Point Press, and Gainer "Hazards
of the Grain Focuser" in the Jan/Feb 1997 issue of Photo Techniques.  The
reasons for hot using the blue filter are technically complicated, having
to do with the chromatic aberration in the human eye, and how it
contributes to a focus shift of an aerial image.

Thanks GH (and everyone else who replied), I will check these references.
Better yet, I'll get into the darkroom this weekend and do some printing.  I
have about 20 rolls from the Cape Cod seminar-they should be fun to see.

	Richard W