Subject: [Leica] Lager-Leica an illustrated history, volume III, accessories
From: Lucien <lucien@ubi.edu>
Date: Sun, 11 Oct 1998 19:29:55 +0100

The new book from Jim Lager, Leica an illustrated history, volume III,
accessories, is really fascinating.
One exemple is the Visoflex II turret for three lenses
on page 302. Amazing.

The only wrong note is that on page 188 there is the ugliest Leica
thing I ever saw. A kind of Desert Storm M3 committed by G.B.Metzcar
with camouflage finish on it and on the SBOOI viewfinder,
IROOA lens hood and 50/2 Summicron. Black, kakhi, sand
and brown. The picture is in color. Beurk !

This put aside, the book, like the two others (vol. I cameras
and vol.II lenses) is really wonderful.

When you read it, you can see the filiation  of several accessories
or lenses of the present Leica program.
Like the APO MODUL or telescope ocular.

And you will also rediscover all those nice accessories and lenses
which are still perfectly usable today, like the viewfinders,
tripod heads, table top tripods, panorama heads, bubble levels,
BEOON copy stand, leicameter, flash  brackets, visoflex lenses etc...

Lucien