Subject: [Leica] Leica M6 viewfinder frames
From: Reg Ronaldson <reg.ronaldson@zetnet.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 12 Oct 1998 18:13:07 +0100

I am starting to have problems with the switching of the viewfinder
frames. The default frames (35mm + 135mm) are ok but switching to the
50mm + 75mm is getting to be a problem and it is almost impossible to
get the 28mm + 90mm frames up. For the latter I have to hold the
selector lever to the 35mm setting and let it spring back. It takes
many attempts to get the 28mm frame up this way. It's a problem using
the selector lever and the auto switching when mounting the lens.

The camera is still under warranty so I suppose I will have to return
it to Leica UK but I would be interested to know the mechanics behind
the frame switching.

Reg Ronaldson