Subject: [Leica] Information needed
From: nbwatson@juno.com (N. B. Watson)
Date: Mon, 12 Oct 1998 18:29:09 EDT

Just received a call from a friend of a friend who wants to know the
clearance between the M top plate and the underside of the 4x (90-degree
prism) finder of a mounted VISO II.  Evidently the chap is looking to
purchase one for extreme close-up  work (about 1/2 the cost of a VISO
III, so says he, and he doesn't need the instant-return mirror function)
and wonders if there will be enough clearance for the extra 2mm of the
as-yet-unavailable M6TTL which he expects to purchase at some point.

My VISO is a III (I thought it was a II but I was mistaken..hadn't had it
out in a bit!) so I couldn't give a proper answer.

So, if someone out there happens to actually own a VISO II, might they be
so kind as to mount it up and check the clearance with the top plate?
For reference, the thickness of two Canadian (or American also I will
assume) pennies is nearly 3mm and that would be just sufficient.

Thanks loads.

Regards,
Nigel

or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]