Subject: Re: [Leica] TCN400
From: nbwatson@juno.com (N. B. Watson)
Date: Wed, 14 Oct 1998 12:36:53 EDT

I was told by a lab with a proven reputation (I am not an expert in
colour processing whatsoever) that TCN with its C-41-like orange-coloured
base makes for more consistent machine prints on mini-lab printers using
colour paper, although when printed on b&w paper that orange base acts
somewhat as a contrast-reducing filter.  Ilford, with a more b&w-like
base colour, they said is more difficult to print in the colour-paper
minilab, but the better choice for printing on conventional b&w paper.
Anyone to either substantiate or refute that?

Regards,
NIgel