Subject: Re: [Leica] Just a thought about the R8 motor-drive
From: tedgrant@islandnet.com (Ted Grant)
Date: Mon, 12 Oct 1998 16:32:01 -0700

Pascal wrote:

>Just a teasing thought:
>
>has it occurred to you that Leica might finally not bring out the
>motor-drive (4 fps) for the R8?  Add to that the fact that I was "assured"
>that there is not going to be that by now infamous R8 motor-drive in 1999
>at all, and we might as well conclude that the follow-on model to the R8
>will have the motor-drive built-in. IMHO, that would make perfect sense
>and be fully in line with the awesome capabilities of the next-generation
>R camera. I say no more...

Pascal,

On the one hand you're a rascal! :)  "a teasing thought" my eye! You just
gave me and others a close to heart arrest. On the other hand a hell of a
thought  and somewhat logical in your terms of reference of SLR lifespan.

So, do I accept this as gospel and not replace my stolen R8, continuing my
work with trusty (not rusty) :) R7s and wait for the new super R with built
in motor?

If you were me would you wait or replace?

ted