Subject: Re: [Leica] TID>Ernst Hass
From: tedgrant@islandnet.com (Ted Grant)
Date: Tue, 13 Oct 1998 16:39:28 -0700

Jm Brick wrote:

>I happen to really like Ernst Hass' work. My wife doesn't. I like peeling
>paint, old barns, fence rows, etc. and I know Ted doesn't. At least he
>jokes about us folks that like peeling paint... :)  :)  :)

Hey Jimbo, :)

I do like Ernst Haas' work! :) I always have, he actually was a motivator
of mine in seeing colour during my early days. The only problem was, nobody
believed I could shoot colour even when I showed them things that "looked
like" Haas had shot it. But it didn't make any difference they just kept
giving me B&W documentaries and photo stories to shoot! :)

I wouldn't mind doing peeling paint if only I could find some that was
still breathing! :)  Besides my new R8 is on it's way, so maybe I'll use it
to shoot some non-breathing things to test it out! :)

ted