Subject: RE: [Leica] Peter Hughes
From: Jeffrey Hausner <Buzz@marianmanor.org>
Date: Tue, 13 Oct 1998 15:03:46 -0400

> -----Original Message-----
> From:	jimbrick@photoaccess.com [SMTP:jimbrick@photoaccess.com]
> Sent:	Tuesday, October 13, 1998 1:59 PM
> To:	leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us; leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
> Subject:	RE: [Leica] Peter Hughes

	[Buzz]

	I haven't been involved in this thread at all and do not feel
qualified to contribute to the broader discussion.  However, I do want to
comment on the photographs on Mr Hughes' site.

	In general, I found them to be proficient but banal.  This appears
to be the work of someone who has studied the craft but has not applied any
vision, that is new vision, to its execution.  Thus, I would have to
conclude that it is Mr Hughes who has invested a great deal in technique and
technology for his photography  and needs to invest more attention in
developing his vision.  Many of us, in school or through our own personal
development have set a theme to photograph and tried to illustrate a concept
or idea, that's pretty basic.  This appears to be what Mr Hughes has
attempted to do in his work.  With practice and over time, he may develop a
visual vocabulary of his own.

	At least, that is what I would tell someone who brought me this
portfolio for comment.

	Buzz