Subject: Re: [Leica] Cameras and food
From: RBedw51767@aol.com
Date: Wed, 14 Oct 1998 14:14:27 EDT

Marc:

Let's see!

You're a Califorrnian (If my memory is correct from a former posting)and you
live in Roanoke, Virginia.  I grew up in Virginia and I had never heard of
Scrapple until I lived in Pennsylvania.  I have visited the Farmers Market in
downtown Roanoke many times and I have never seen scrapple there.   Do you
import it from Pennsylvania.  Of course the "Old Order of the Brethren"
probably have roots in Pennsylvania with the Pa. Dutch.  Where do you get your
scrapple?  I can understand the Karo syrup.  I would throw the scrapple away
and eat the Karo!  Never heard of haggis.  I am going to ask my father-in-law
about haggis.  He is from Reading, Pa.

Perhaps I could eat scrapple if it had enough Jiff Peanut Butter on it!

Bob

<<
 Of course.  I eat it regularly.  Heck, I was raised on it -- my grandmother
 was Penn Dutch.  I like haggis, too, the Scottish sheep-based equivalent of
 pork-based scrapple, though I'll admit it's a bit of a pain to garner the
 ingredients:  most butcher shops don't regularly stock sheep stomachs!

 Scrapple doused in Karo Syrup is a treat, indeed, almost on par with
 kippered herring.

 Ma >>