Subject: [Leica] storing unprocessed TMZ (was: TID>Ernst Hass )
From: Jeff Moore <jbm@jbm.org>
Date: Wed, 14 Oct 1998 15:39:58 -0400

At 14 Oct 1998 13:39:41 -0400, "Lee, Ken" <ken.lee@hbc.com> wrote:

> I remember a discussion on CServe years
> ago that "old" TMZ was terrible versus fresh stuff.  Even the freezer
> doesn't keep it well.

I recall having heard that the reason for this is that the emulsion's so
sensitive it's subject to fogging by some flavor of cosmic particles (to which
your freezer is transparent).  And that Kodak stores unreleased batches way
below ground, in a former salt mine (best not a Uranium mine, I guess!).  I
believe these things to be true, but they do have a certain `urban legend'
quality of sounding like too good a story to be real.  Anyone have hard