Subject: Re: [Leica] May be blasphemy...
From: "Jeff S" <segawa@netone.com>
Date: Thu, 23 Apr 1998 10:23:21 -0600

Fujis are neat and very lightweight. The ones I've owned (GS645, GA645)
produced contrasty, tack-sharp results, though the out-of-focus was maybe
not super nice. These are nice in the hand, but you're not buying a Fuji for
any silky-smooth feel! The GS645's sharp lens is compromised some by a
rather sloppy rangefinder linkage system. But it folds into an incredibly
small (if rather fragile) lightweight package. The Mamiya Six is also well
worth considering-it folds flat, and does NOT have alignment problems.
Expensive and hefty, though.

I began shooting in black and white again (almost exclusively 'chromes for
years) about two years ago, and am only now able to begin printing. My
darkroom skills need work! But I am seeing some promise in those Fuji and
Mamiya negatives.

Jeff