Subject: Re: [Leica] Ansel vs Weston
From: jimbrick@photoaccess.com (Jim Brick)
Date: Wed, 14 Oct 1998 13:53:14 -0700

At 11:11 AM 10/14/98 -0700, you wrote:

>Oddly enough, I see the reverse: I see and feel the beauty
>in Adam's photos, whereas nearly all of Weston's leave me
>cold.
>
>-Dave

IMHO,

You are not alone on this one. I wouldn't go so far as to say ALL of
Weston's photographs... but indeed, FOR ME, Ansel Adams was a master of his
craft and it clearly shows in his prints. The dynamic range is, uh, truly
dynamic. Marvelous. The photographs have a great deal of feeling and depth.
They invite you to become part of them.

Jim
http://www.photoaccess.com
Jim Brick, ASMP, BIAA