Subject: Re: [Leica] Q: lens selection for portraits
From: "Joe Stephenson" <joeleica@email.msn.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Oct 1998 17:03:42 -0700

Dear Andrew,
The best protrait lens is a matter if taste--yours and the subjects. I have
shot a lot of portraits with a late model f2.0 50 mm lens. The subjects were
quite pleased, and so was I. However, these were younger individuals with
clear skin and few wrinkles. I would probably use the same kit for older
subjects, although I might use an older lens (Summarit) in order to get a
bit of flare and softness.  I don't feel that there are any definite rules.
Just good taste.
Good luck,
Joe Stephenson