Subject: Re: [Leica] Shooting football with R7 and exposure problems
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Tue, 20 Oct 1998 21:48:16 -0500

At 12:11 PM 10/20/98 -0300, you wrote:

>Now to how I shot it Saturday.  I used the spot metering to measure off the
>visiting teams uniforms and the field.  I then put it on auto full field

Which uniform is the visiting team? Blue or white? If white, that's what is
underexposing your pictures. You should meter off the white and open up one
an a half stops. Or meter of the ref's shirt. It's black and white (i.e.
gray). Or meter off the grass, that should get you close. Maybe stop down
1/2 stop depending on how dark it is. And shoot in manual. when you have
such big masses of white, no meter is going to give you as good an exposure
as metering manually and setting it. Then just check it against a given
tone (white, green whatever) and adjust accordingly as the light changes.

Also make sure the camera is set right. :-)

And with that 400 Apo Telyt - get in closer! Should make wonderful pictures!
- --

Eric Welch
St. Joseph, MO
http://www.ponyexpress.net/~ewelch

Be nice to people on your way up because you'll need them on your way down.

- -W. Migner