Subject: [Leica] Repainting wear on M cameras.
From: "Dr James Harper" <DRJH@btinternet.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Oct 1998 10:06:10 +0100

Robert wrote

"Someone mentioned in the past that DAG can paint the door.
This is normal wear for a heavily used M camera -The reason being that many
people carry it on their chest, where shirt buttons rub the back door."

This may occur, but a much more usual source of paint wear on the  Ms 2,  3
and 4 in my experience was the former brown leather erc, which had two
press studs in the rear which gradually wore through the lining until they
rubbed against the back door of the camera.  Despite this, which could be
guarded against if you knew about it, the original cases were preferable in
my view because they were smaller and did not make a rangefinder look like
an SLR.

Regards.

JH

PS  Can anyone tell me the secret of copying from someone's e-mail with all
the <<< signs without typing it all out manually as I have done in the
above example?