Subject: Re: [Leica] APO-Extender-R advice
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Wed, 21 Oct 1998 07:21:44 -0500

>I will wager there will be a number of LUGGITES besides myself who can
>prove you wrong when using Leica glass with Leica apo-extenders.

I would be one of them. I have used the 1.4 APO Converter, and it's one
amazing piece of glass. I even used it on the Tamron 300 2.8, and it gave
better pictures than the lens by itself! Certainly much, much better than
with the Tamron 1.4 converter. Just lucky it works that way, considering
it's not matched for that lens, but for the 280 2.8 Apo Telyt. With that
lens, it's awesome. With the 180 Elmarit, (non-Apo - won't work on any of
the APOs or the 180 Elmar) it makes a very compact, high quality 252 f/4.
Five of the seven elements are made of the famous "Noctilux glass." At
least, that's what a Leica rep. told me. It also works with the 400 and 560
f6.8 and 800 f/6.3 Telyts. I think there is one or two other lenses it
works with, besides all the latest long APO glass.
- --

Eric Welch
St. Joseph, MO
http://www.ponyexpress.net/~ewelch

Borg-Cola: Not the choice of the next generation.