Subject: [Leica] How not to park ar the side of a Road (off topic)
From: "Robert G. Stevens" <robsteve@istar.ca>
Date: Wed, 21 Oct 1998 18:56:31 -0300

Dear Lug  members:

I thought I would add a little humor to the list today at my expense.  A
fellow Photo Guild member,George Ghiz, and myself spent Monday afternoon in
the Annapolis Valley of Nova Scotia taking pictures of the pumpkin people
and from the Valley Lookoff.  On the way to the lookoff, I saw a field with
some horses in it that I wanted to take some pictures of.  When I pulled
over to the side of the road, the shoulder was soft and gave away sliding
my truck precariously into it.

All of the below pictures were done by George Ghiz with a Nikon N90x and
assorted zooms.  I am in picture rob3.jpg looking at the mess I was in.  It
is me in rob5.jpg using my R7 and 35mm Summicron.  (on topic)

For Jim Bricks pleasure, the first picture as well as the rest in the
series were taken by George using high end Nikkors with UV filters on them.
 I told George that the filter would cause flare!

http://home.istar.ca/~robsteve/rob1.jpg

http://home.istar.ca/~robsteve/rob2.jpg

http://home.istar.ca/~robsteve/rob3.jpg

http://home.istar.ca/~robsteve/rob4.jpg

http://home.istar.ca/~robsteve/rob5.jpg

http://home.istar.ca/~robsteve/pp1.jpg

We were only stuck for about ten minutes, as a passer by (in photo rob2.jpg)
called a local tow truck which was only had to come from the other side of
the pastures.  There was no damage except to my pride.

I am just waiting for the Jobo to heat up so I can develop my own slides I
took that day.  If I have anything interesting, I will post a wep page.

Regards,

Robert