Subject: [Leica] the beginnings of a darkroom!
From: Francesco Sanfilippo <fls@san.rr.com>
Date: Thu, 22 Oct 1998 06:48:14 -0700

LUG family:

Well, I went out and got a good Hedgecoe book and the basics.
I got a 2-reel Patterson tank, which I have already practiced with last
night.  I loaded my first practice film the FIRST time perfectly!  The guy
at the shop was extremely helpful, and took almost an hour with me,
taking everything apart on the counter to lead me, step by step, through
the entire development process.  Unloading the Patterson was a bit tricky
the first time, but I have it down now.  I practiced loading in the dark, and
surprised myself by getting it right the first time!
Since it was all they had, I got Kodak HC-110 Developer,  Kodak Indicator
Stop Bath, and Ilford Rapid Fixer.  Also Kodak PhotoFlo 200, 2 graduated
cylinders (small), and 4 graduated pitchers.  A thermometer, film hanging
clips, and an E-6 chemical kit rounded off the day.
Believe it or not, I walked out of the store with ALL of the above for
under $130!
Incredible!  I am going to shoot my first TMax ever today....just some fun
stuff.
I need to practice a few developments to make sure I can get it down pat.
Thanks LUG, for all your help!

BTW, what is the difference between HC-110 (the one I got) and XTOL or
Rodinol,
which I hear all of you talk about?

Also, what are your favorite development settings for TMax 100 and 400?

Francesco